International Admissions Requirements
Top three reasons to choose Colorado as your education destination in the U.S.:
#2 Most Educated State: Colorado is ranked 2nd in educational attainment behind only Massachusetts.
#1 For Business: Colorado is ranked #1 in Overall State Economy (U.S. News & World Report) and #1 in State Job Market (Wallet Hub).
More than 300 Days of Sunshine: On average, Colorado has more annual days of sunshine than either San Diego or Miami Beach.
Learn about the State of Colorado from the StudyColorado webpage here.
Why Colorado Springs?
Colorado Springs is ranked as #2 best place to live in the United States by U.S. News & World Report (2018)
Located in the foothills of Pikes Peak, one of the most spectacular mountains in the U.S., Colorado Springs is a haven for outdoor activities including hiking, skiing, white water rafting, biking, etc. It has very distinguished four seasons with the average temperature of 62.1F in summer and an average temperature of 35.8F in winter. Colorado Springs, a mid-sized city of greater than 500,000 residents, is small enough to still be friendly, but large enough to attract nationally known performers, speakers and events. The city also features plenty of outdoor activities all year long.
(You can see a glimpse of Colorado Springs by watching videos here .)
UCCS is recognized for its research and teaching achievements, excellent academic programs, state-of-the-art facilities, and exciting research opportunities from undergraduate through Ph.D. level.
UCCS is ranked #6 Top Public Schools Regional Universities West by U.S. News & World Report. We also offer nationally ranked business and engineering programs.
UCCS is accredited through the North Central Association of the Higher Learning Commission. Accreditation is vital for UCCS' continued ability to attract high-quality students and faculty.
Specialized Accreditation for Colleges and Programs:
- Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
- American Chemical Society
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Council for the Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
- Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA)
Steps and Details for Students Applying to UCCS